National Skill Training Institute (NSTI), Dehradun has been set up by the Govt. of India to cater the needs of skilled training of Industries, Govt. ITIs/Pvt.ITIs/PSUs and Business Houses to provide steady flow, quality and quantity of trained manpower for the country in the field of Computer hardware & Software, Electrician & Wireman trades, Electronics and Process Instrumentation.
The following training programs has been conducting by the Institute.
LONG TERM COURSES:
- To provide skilled instructors as per the needs of ITIs through CITS course in the field of Electrician & Wireman, Electronic Mechanic, Computer Hardware & Network Maintenance (CHNM) and Computer Software Applications (CSA). Approximately 1300 trainees have been trained under this scheme since the beginning of this scheme i.e. from August 2010. Trainees trained under this schemes have been placed in various State Government & Private ITIs, Delhi Metro rail Corporations, Indian Railways, Electricity Boards, Indian Oil, para military forces and some renowned Industrial houses.
- Skilled manpower/Technicians as per the needs of Industries through Higher National Technician Certificate course in the field of Consumer Electronics, Industrial electronics & Medical electronics. More than 830 trainees have been trained under this scheme. Trainees trained under this schemes have been placed in Central & State Government jobs like ISRO, DRDO, MSDE, Ordnance factories, ONGC and some big Industrial Establishments.
- In August 2019 the Institutes also started three new age courses under CTS Scheme. The courses are Solar Technician, Internet of Things (IoT) for Smart Agriculture & Internet of Things (IoT) for Smart Healthcare.
- In August 2019 the Institutes also started Two Year Advanced Diploma in IT Networking & Cloud. The Diploma is in collaboration with IBM.
SHORT TERM COURSES:
- To offer short term courses (1-4 weeks Courses) for middle level technical hands of industries, departments and organizations to refresh and upgrade their technical know-how and to keep them abreast with technical advancements under Advanced Vocational Training Scheme (AVTS).More than 11000 trainees have been trained under this scheme in last ten years.
- To conduct the need based training program for technical people of industries in the form of Tailor Made programs to enable them accustom with new technology and management. M/s Tata Motors, Tata Sky, Bharat Petroleum, ONGC etc are some of our clients.
Some Successful Trainees of this Institute
Mrs. Ranjini Kumar (Training Officer) NSTI Dehradun
After Completing her Diploma in electronics. She joined the Higher National Technician Certificate on Industrial electronics in 1991-92 at this institute. At present She is Training Officer in this Institute.
Mr. Abhishek Gaur (Deputy Manager) M/s Reliance Jio Telecom
He Has completed the Higher National Technician Certificate Course in Industrial electronics in 1996-97 at this Institute. At Present he is Deputy Manager at Reliance Jio Telecom.
Mr. Nirmal Kumar (Manager Marketing) M/s Scientech India Pvt. Ltd
He has completed his M.Sc (Electronics) from Magadh University Bodhgaya Bihar, before joining Industrial Electronics Course at this Institute in 2003-04. At Present he is Marketing Manager (North & North East ) at Scientech India Pvt. Ltd.
Mr. Rahul Sharma (Entrepreneur) M/s Technozon Solutions
He has completed the Higher National Technician course in Consumer Electronics in 2003-04 from this Institute. At Present he is having his own company M/s Technozon solutions Chandigarh ( www.technozon.in) and doing business of Rs 4 Cr.